sample metaphor poems

see some samples:

I AM LAS VEGAS

I am Las Vegas growing by the infinite
awake morning by night,
or day.
I am Las Vegas
My hand is the sand.
~Rachel

***

Galaxy


Spun in space

A web of stars…

Fireflies caught

On the black silk

Of a summer night
~~Elaine Magliaro

***

The Pencil Case

The eraser erased my bad habits
While the pencil drew in new ones
The glue stick glued on a whole new face
As the scissors cut away my background and past
The ball point pen then made the changes permanent
While the colored pencils shaded in my body
The calculator changed my way of thinking
As the sharpener grazed over my rough edges
Finally, the ruler
I had to measure up to your standards
Now me and you
We walk, talk and think the same
Two moving as one
I don’t even know who I’ve become
What I was before
You’ve changed me more than you’ll ever know
~~Beatrice Alesana-Rennie

You might also to visit: metaphor poems
You might like to visit:

 
http://metaphorpoems.blogspot.com | Personification | Examples of Personification